Subscribe for access:
THE ON-DEMAND VIDEO RECORDINGS FROM THIS EVENT ARE AVAILABLE BELOW
300+ Attendees | 25+ Expert Speakers | 100+ Corporates, Borrowers & Issuers | 20% Investors
A unique virtual platform bringing together 300+ of Mexico's leading regional and international borrowers, investors, bankers, policy makers and market practitioners to share knowledge, debate and network. The entire Mexican capital markets community will be represented.
Thu 20th May 2021, 15:25pm (Europe/London)
Fiscal policies and sovereign debt strategies: Supporting the post-COVID economy
Thu 20th May 2021, 15:30pm (Europe/London)
- Mexico and big fiscal: How will stimulus fuel growth?
- How much more funding is needed to deliver on their economic plans?
- Is there a threat of inflation?
Mexico’s macro-economic outlook: Overcoming challenges to maintain fiscal stability in a post-COVID economy
Thu 20th May 2021, 16:00pm (Europe/London)
- What strategies can be employed to grow the Mexican economy in line with expected 5% in 2021? How likely is a downgrade, and how could this impact growth?
- How does the Federal Reserve’s low interest rate interplay with Mexico’s FX and interest rates? How could continual low rates impact Mexico’s economic recovery?
- Does the central bank have reserve buffers to deliver fiscal stability into 2022?
How are deals being priced for borrowers negotiating and renegotiating debt?
Thu 20th May 2021, 16:45pm (Europe/London)
- Assessing the Mexican yield curve: How will the wall of maturities affect market liquidity for Q4 2021? Who can borrow and at what price?
- Cost of funding: How has the pandemic affected spreads? Is it preferable for borrowers to access peso or dollar funding, depending on the tenor?
- Bonds vs. loans: Where are international banks seeing more appetite to renegotiate debt?
- How does the pricing compare in the market for maturing loans? How early should companies start to negotiate 2022 maturity terms with banks?
Transitioning finance: How are banks, investors and rating agencies supporting Mexican issuers on their journey to sustainability?
Thu 20th May 2021, 17:40pm (Europe/London)
- What products are available under the sustainable umbrella? How do they price in comparison to vanilla instruments?
- The importance of “S”: How can investors and Mexican companies pivot their ESG strategies to encompass more social aspects into their transactions?
- What do banks and investors expect from commodity-driven companies in relation to their approach to ESG?
Driving syndicated loan activity forward into 2022: Who is lending, at what price and on what terms?
Thu 20th May 2021, 18:35pm (Europe/London)
- Underwriting syndications vs club deals: Which structures are banks favouring as loan activity picks up in Q3 and 4?
- Assessing market liquidity: How do local and international banks’ appetite for offering favourable loan pricing and tenor vary?
- To what extent are international banks willing to lend on long-term projects, if there is a potential rating downgrade on the horizon?
What steps need to be taken to secure continued local and international development of Mexico’s energy sector?
Thu 20th May 2021, 19:20pm (Europe/London)
- Assessing the viability of Mexico’s energy production: What are the renewed challenges in reducing emissions by 2026? How does this goal align with the US/Mexico relationship, and the Paris Agreement framework?
- What are investors’ expectations for development of the Mexican public energy sector in 2021/22?
- What opportunities are available for the private renewable energy sector to attract new investment? How does the change in tariff pricing affect production?
Transitioning away from LIBOR: Status, challenges and risks
Thu 20th May 2021, 20:15pm (Europe/London)
Thu 20th May 2021, 21:00pm (Europe/London)