Wangui is an experienced financial services professional, having gained over 18 years’ experience as a senior portfolio manager with one of the largest fund management firms in East Africa. Currently with Acorn Holdings Ltd as the Head of Corporate Finance, Wangui oversaw the issuance of Acorn’s 5-year bond in October 2019, raising USD 43 million in what was deemed as a first of many in Kenya:
- The first Green Bond issued in East Africa
- The first bond to be rated by one of the top rating agencies in the world, Moody’s
- The first fully secured and collateralised bond
- The first project bond
- The first restricted public offer approved by the Capital Markets Authority
- The first local currency bond to be subsequently listed both on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and London Stock Exchange
Wangui holds an MBA (Finance) from University of Leicester, Bachelor of Commerce from University of Nairobi, is a qualified accountant with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and has a Higher Diploma from the Institute for the Management of Information Systems (IMIS).