In this video you can hear all the advice he offers to a CFO looking to tap the bond or loan markets.
We asked Jose Antonio:
- Cemex has had a unique story since the financial crisis – can you tell us how you and the finance team went about turning around the business, and your approach to capital markets?
- Cemex recently divested some of its assets including a cement plant and terminal to Eagle Materials as part of a wider cost savings programme. Will the funds generated by the divestment be used for future capex investment? If so, what kinds of projects or initiatives are in the pipeline?
- Looking ahead, what is your vision for the company in 2017? What is your outlook for growth? Do you expect a change in your approach to capital markets given the wider macroeconomic backdrop?
- Cemex have successfully tapped into a number of markets in 2015 and 2016 including issuing in euros, dollars, syndicated loans: What have been some of the biggest challenges you have faced when raising capital over the past 2 years?
- What advice would you offer to a CFO looking to tap the bond or loan markets today? What should they be looking out for?