Subscribe for access:
THE ON-DEMAND VIDEO RECORDINGS FROM THIS EVENT ARE AVAILABLE BELOW
At this important time, the event brought together 500+ of Russia & the CIS region's most senior borrowers, investors, bankers, policy makers and market practitioners to share knowledge, debate and network. The entire market was represented.
Russia and the CIS region's largest capital markets event was held on our Bonds & Loans online platform in March 2021. We are now working towards organising a physical version of the event in Moscow in September 2021, so that you are able to connect with the region’s leading C-level decision-makers face-to-face once more.
Participants used your market's best attended event to re-engage with their existing Russia & CIS clients, build strong business relations with their prospects and hear the region's financial leaders speak on how they are navigating the current economic climate/share their expectations for the future.
Uzbekistan and the capital markets: Funding and investing out of COVID-19
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 6:30am (Europe/London)
- Economic performance in 2020 and outlook for 2021: How much investment and funding does the country need?
- Capital markets strategy: How much will the DMO borrow internationally and domestically?
- Banking Uzbekistan: How liquid are the local banks? How much of Uzbekistan’s funding can be secured locally?
- Investing into the future: What is the government’s strategy to attract foreign capital into the country?
How has the make-up of economic, commodity and political risk facing Russia evolved since the outbreak of COVID-19? (in Russian)
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 7:00am (Europe/London)
- What has changed in 12 months: From economic fundamentals to its impact on financial markets and credit spreads
- OPEC+ and oil price uncertainty: Where will oil price stabilise? How does the oil price impact Russia and the oilers?
- Geopolitics, Biden, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan: What does the world look like to Russia today versus 12 months earlier, and what impact does this have on the economic outlook?
- Monetary policy in and out of Russia: Where will Russia set base rates?
Where do investors see value in the Russian credit markets?
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 7:45am (Europe/London)
- How are investors generating positive real returns given historic lows in interest rates? Where are they finding value?
- Investment grade vs. high yield bonds yields: Are economic fundamentals being properly reflected by yields? Where are spreads headed?
- What is driving investor demand for Russian corporate bonds? What is preventing an investor love-affair with Russian FI bonds?
- Roubles and investors: What will attract international investors back to the rouble bond markets? How much of a drawback is market illiquidity?
From premium to greenium: How Russia’s capital markets are transitioning towards ESG (In Russian)
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 9:00am (Europe/London)
- From premium to greenium (discounting): Why, how and what has happened to the markets for ESG and SDG-linked bonds to drive down price and yield?
- Transitioning vs. greenwashing: How green is green? How does a company transition their financing in-line with SDG targets, without being accusing of “greenwashing”?
- Aligning international ESG and SDG standards with standards being drawn up and certified in Russia: What are the challenges to overcome?
- Anyone can transition: How can extraction (commodity/energy) companies work with advisers to improve ESG credentials and drive down their cost of borrowing?
New debt and liability management: How are Russia’s top tier companies approaching funding, credit management and risk? (In Russian)
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 9:45am (Europe/London)
- What is corporates’ outlook on long term interest rates? Is there expectation for a rate hike? How are historically low rates influencing capital markets’ strategy?
- Credit management and risk: Is now a good time to refinance and to lock in rates?
- How to optimise capital structures: Work capital, supply chain finance, factoring, discount receivables, etc
- International vs. local markets: Does funding locally and swapping into USD, or funding in roubles and hedging, deliver capital and economic benefits?
Debuting in COVID-times: How new issuers can issue new debt to attract new investors (in Russian)
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 10:45am (Europe/London)
- Why bonds, and not loans: Economic and capital reasons why debut issuers can secure better pricing funding in the bond markets
- Origination, road-showing and book-building in a socially distance world: How to bank and finance remotely
- Rouble vs. Euro markets, fixed rate vs. floating, issuing through SPVs or not: Structuring, packaging and selling deals to attract retail and institutional investors
How are banks underwriting and syndicating loans in the new environment of low interest rates, low oil price and COVID-influenced liquidity?
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 11:30am (Europe/London)
- How are historically low interest rates and tight pricing in the capital markets impacting the way banks (approach) lending?
- Who are the lenders ready to put money on the table in Russia? Have global banks retrenched/re-regionalised towards their home markets?
- Future of LIBOR and impact on bank liquidity and risk-free lending?
- Public vs. private sector: Where are banks’ sweet-spots?
- Underwriting to distribute in Russia: Selling down loans under Russian LMA
- Project finance factory: What are the opportunities for commercial banks?
Close of conference
Wed 3rd Mar 2021, 12:15pm (Europe/London)