Subscribe for access:
THE ONLINE LIVESTREAM OF THE PHYISCAL CONFERENCE IS TAKING PLACE ABOVE ON TUESDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2021
400+ Attendees | 40+ Expert Speakers | 250+ Sovereign, Corporate & FI Borrowers
95% Director-Level or Above | 13+ Countries
This is Russia & CIS' largest capital markets event, and your best opportunity to grow your business in this space. The in-person event will bring together over 400 leading government officials, regulators, investors, bankers and corporates and feature over 40 expert speakers.
THE ONLY EVENT TO:
- Gain practical insights into the latest Russia & CIS bond and loan market developments with expert-led panel discussions
- Understand the key macro-outlook for Russia and key CIS economies to help move your business forward in 2021/22
- Bring investors together with Russia and CIS issuers to define and analyse the roadmap for raising local capital in 2021/22
- Connect recent issuers with Russian financial institutions and government bodies to understand financing needs and identify new business opportunities
Chairperson’s opening remarks
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 6:55am (Europe/London)
Opening keynote address: How the government plan to navigate Russia back to growth post-COVID19
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 7:00am (Europe/London)
- Fiscal policy and stimulating growth: A glimpse of life after COVID
- Public finances, ratings and accessing capital markets: How much capital? Where will it be raised?
- Interest rates and countering inflation: Carefully managing a return to growth without overheating the economy
COVID recovery, monetary policy and geopolitics: What is the macro view of Russia over the next 12-18 months?
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 7:25am (Europe/London)
- What is the economic outlook post-COVID for Russia?
- Are higher interest rates and inflation on their way? How will this impact Russia’s economic performance coming out of COVID?
- Commodities and oil price: Where will oil prices stabilise in 2021-22? How will the new equilibrium price impact Russia’s economic outlook?
- Russia, CIS, and Emerging Markets: What are the geopolitical and esoteric risks that investors are keeping a close eye on?
Bonds vs. loans: Corporate finance and capital markets in a post-COVID world
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 7:50am (Europe/London)
- Bonds vs. loans, USD vs. EUR vs. RUB: Where can corporates access competitively priced capital? What price and on what terms?
- Fixed rate vs floating rate: How do the benefits and drawbacks of each stack up? What are the key risks for issuers to consider?
- Structures and strategy: (How) Are Russian corporates hedging interest rate and FX risk?
- How can Russian corporates look outwards to access different pockets of liquidity?
Underwriting and distributing Russian syndicated loans: Who is lending and who is buying?
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 8:45am (Europe/London)
- Market landscape update: Who is lending? Who is borrowing? On what price and on what terms?
- Change is a coming but what is the impact: How does a transition away from LIBOR impact borrowers and lenders?
- Syndicated loans and ESG: Is there sufficient benefit to borrowers for ESG to become a driver of loan growth?
- How is ESG and sustainable finance being incorporated into loan desks?
- Classic syndication vs. club deals: Is the market turning away from the underwrite-to-distribute model?
Coffee and networking rus
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 9:30am (Europe/London)
Pre-payment finance vs. traditional trade and export financing: How have structures changed post-pandemic?
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 10:00am (Europe/London)
- What is the role of commodity trading houses? Is there any space left for the banks in the commodity financing sector?
- How did the pandemic alter the structure of these deals? What has the impact been of this change?
Why, how and what: Breaking down the transition and adoption of ESG principles in Russia
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 10:45am (Europe/London)
- Understanding the ‘need’ to transition: What is the upside for Russian corporates who decide to embark on the ESG journey?
- How are companies, particularly those in extraction industries, preparing themselves for the shift to sustainability, and adopting ESG into their wider business strategies?
- What are the key factors investors are looking for?
- Unwrapping the new sustainable finance products available, and understanding the role FIs and DFIs are playing in this growing market.
- What opportunities will state-developed ESG standards bring and how will they impact the market? What can issuers expect from this?
Keynote address: Deepening and liquidifying the markets: Spotlight on Uzbekistan’s burgeoning bond market
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 11:30am (Europe/London)
- What strategies are being implemented to attract increased foreign capital into the country?
- What are the key challenges and prospects of the corporate bond market in Uzbekistan? What does this journey look like over the next 12-24 months, and what can we expect?
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 11:55am (Europe/London)
Lenders taking borrower equity stakes in financing transactions: What is the right balance between lender and borrower interests? What are the risks? Why should it be done?
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 13:15pm (Europe/London)
- Why has the market seen an increase in the number of transactions with lenders exercising corporate control elements?
- What options are available to both lenders and borrowers to introduce corporate control elements to financing transactions?
- How to address the risks of personal and corporate liability?
Eurobonds vs. RUB bonds: How are debut issuers and emerging corporate issuers weighing up the pros and cons of local, regional and international markets?
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 13:45pm (Europe/London)
- Analysing where and how debut issuers and emerging corporate issuers can raise competitively priced debt
- Size, volume and pricing: How liquid are the Rouble markets? Who can issue in Roubles?
- Eurobond vs. RUB: How are issuers from CIS assessing which market to issue in?
- What is driving issuance into RUB markets from issuers in the CIS?
Infrastructure and project finance in Russia: How to attract more commercial lenders to the market
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 14:30pm (Europe/London)
- Attracting commercial lenders to projects: Are Russian project finance deals bankable?
- How can both international and local lenders increase their involvement in these large infrastructure deals?
- What role are ECAs and DFIs playing in the project finance landscape?
- Understanding the growing role of PPPs in attracting investment to infrastructure projects
- How to attract more commercial banks into the Project Finance Factory and how to make deals bankable: What opportunities does this bring?
Chairperson’s closing remarks and close of conference
Mon 27th Sep 2021, 15:15pm (Europe/London)