Subscribe for access:
ON-DEMAND VIDEO RECORDINGS FROM THIS EVENT ARE AVAILABLE BELOW
Bonds & Loans Brazil 2021 - Virtual Briefing Day
A unique virtual platform bringing together 300+ of Brazil's leading regional and international issuers, investors, bankers, rating agencies and lawyers to share knowledge, debate and network.
Brazil's leading banking and finance event will be held on our Bonds & Loans online platform in 2021.
Use this unique event to re-engage with your existing Brazilian capital markets clients, build strong business relations with your prospects and hear the market's financial leaders speak on how they are navigating the current economic climate/share their expectations for the future.
Keynote address: How can the government improve their fiscal position to support the economy?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 13:00pm (Europe/London)
- To what extent is the government using shorter tenors to refinance public debt? What options are on the table to increase revenue?
- How can the government support the economy while reinforcing its fiscal commitment?
Keynote address: How will the government finance its way in the markets towards a new economic vision?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 13:30pm (Europe/London)
Yield curve, Selic rate and the election: What does Brazilian growth look like for 2022 and beyond?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 14:00pm (Europe/London)
- To what extent will inflation put pressure on GDP growth in 2022?
- What impact will a further depreciation of the real have on the economy? Is there a risk of a downgrade?
- How will the global recovery impact the commodities and agribusiness sectors over the next 12-18 months? What are the risks of a potential fall in commodity prices?
- How will the US stimulus package and China’s growth forecast interplay with Brazil’s FX and interest rates?
How are deals being priced for Brazilian borrowers and issuers looking to raise both short and long-term debt?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 15:00pm (Europe/London)
- What impact will low global and Selic interest rates have on market access to liquidity in Q4 2021? Who can borrow, and for how long?
- Assessing cost of funding post-pandemic: Are low credit spreads tightening pricing for both IG and HY issuers?
- IG vs HY: How much value do banks and investors place on a company’s creditworthiness when pricing a deal?
- Are HY issuers being priced out of dollar denominated, longer tenor deals? If so, how and why?
- Bonds vs. loans, BRL vs USD: Where are international banks seeing more appetite for debt and in which currency?
Diversification, depth and deployment: What vehicles are available to navigate local market regulation?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 15:45pm (Europe/London)
- What are the opportunities for local pension funds and BRL dominated investors under the proposed FIAGRO legislation? How could these new pools of capital be deployed?
- How could previously untapped liquidity help pension funds to better reconcile assets and liabilities and create a more diverse local bond market?
- In what way can (reais issued) IPOs fuel movement of money into the local capital markets?
- What are the next steps for HY securities and debentures to be used as vehicles to deepen the local bonds and/or loans markets?
- How are Brazilian banks and fintechs partnering to diversify the local capital markets and reach unbanked areas of the economy?
Painting the ESG picture to fit Brazil: How to define and apply an ESG agenda for the Brazilian market
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 16:30pm (Europe/London)
- To what extent can global climate change policies be applied to Brazil? How achievable is the transition and net zero by 2050?
- What is driving the investor sentiment to be part of “green” deals in Brazil? Where do the E, S and/or G factors rank in investors’ criteria vs deal price?
- Is there a greenium for pricing SDG and sustainably linked deals? Is this hampering the development of the ESG market in Brazil?
- Are the proposed tax incentives in the agribusiness and infrastructure sectors creating an ESG bubble in the Brazilian local market? Will this burst? If so, when?
- How can commodity-based companies prepare themselves for the “green transition”?
From market-maker to market facilitator: How is the infrastructure funding gap left by BNDES going to be filled?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 17:25pm (Europe/London)
- What are the opportunities for the debenture and local bank markets to finance larger scale infrastructure projects now that BNDES’ has lowered its funding target?
- Driving public and private investment to finance infrastructure projects: Which players are taking advantage of the market opening up?
- Which DFIs are stepping up to finance this gap? How does their price of funding and tenor compare to other market players?
- Where does digital infrastructure fit into the bigger picture? Who are the key players financing this nascent market?
- Debentures, FIDCs, local bank and DFIs: Which financing combinations are favoured by banks and investors?
- International vs. local market, USD vs. BRL, bonds vs. loans: Where do banks and project sponsors see most appetite for infrastructure investment in 2022?
How does the Brazilian government plan to fund its privatisation programme?
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 18:20pm (Europe/London)
The End of the Long and Winding IBOR Road
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 18:50pm (Europe/London)
Closing remarks and end of conference
Tue 22nd Jun 2021, 19:35pm (Europe/London)